Living inspired

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Chodesh tov

its been a long day-from driving through Tilden Park-the green hills are glorious-to Walnut Creek for the Contra Costa Jewish film festival. Saw 3 short films in hebrew about a favorite subject-matchmaking and marriage. Disappointed that the movie we wanted to see-My brothers wedding did not arrive in the mail.
Returned home and used a sewing machine to hem a skirt. That was fun.
Got on my bike, briefly shopped at the farmers market, and went to SF. Went to Jewish Vocational Services for an open house.
Met my friend Michaella, and we took BART to the Mission. I wanted to support my friend Zack, who writes poems on his typewriter on the street, had an art opening at a gallery. We met him somewhat stoned in the gallery, and then stood outside in the street. He hadn't eaten, was dealing with a very difficult woman running the gallery. He went and got some beers. We went to the store and got beer-I got a hemp ale-and got tortilla chips at a Mexican produce store. We stood in the smelly street until we were warned not to. We sat on the curb, drinking beers, when 2 cops approached us and we got caught but no citation. Phew.
On BART, Michaella and I learned the teachings of R.Shlomo Carlebach on the teachings for Purim. Its a very deep holiday. I went to a women's rosh chodesh gathering, and its intense what people are dealing with-death, miscarriage, pregnancy....speaking of conealment and revealing.

We want to dress slutty. or at least provocative.

I went into Longs and bought a Snickers Bar and Pringles BQE flavor. Got to elevatethe sparks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home