Living inspired

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Passing of souls

I found out on facebook about the passing of R. Meir Abhesera. He is known for being the 'whistler' in 770 and  macrobiotic food. I was a guest at his house in Nachlaot in 1999. I walked behind him as he returned from shul. I was sure that it was he who I was following to his house, however to make sure I politely inquired, "do you know where R. Meir Abehesera's house is? "
"Yes" he replied. "I am going there as well."
We shared a good laugh when we entered.

I remember that they served Coke at the table. The singer Yonatan Raizel was surprised by this. He explained that its good for the body to have a little junk. May we remember to do things in proportion, and to be playful. May his neshama have an aliyah.

http://www.chabad.org/news/article_cdo/aid/2607664/jewish/Rabbi-Meir-Nissim-Michel-Abehsera-80-Promoted-Health-and-Jewish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home