Living inspired

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Rosh Hashana Letter

 A ROSH HASHANAH LETTER from Reb Shlomo ztz"l:
"So friends in these few days we still have left before Rosh Hashanah & on Rosh Hashanah itself, I bless you and me, I'm begging you and I'm begging myself -- let's get all the *anger* out of our hearts... all the jealousy...all the pettiness. You know if I'm petty with other people, G-d forbid, then G-d is petty with me.

 But if I'm big enough, the more I open my heart for other people, the more I open the gates for myself. Friends, the blessing people give each other on Rosh Hashanah is so deep, so forceful, so very awesome. On Rosh Hashanah every person can open gates for another person if you really mean it. I want to bless you & me that we should open gates for our husbands, wives, children & the entire world this Rosh Hashanah.

 Friends, I'm begging you, I'm begging you, don't be angry, not even with yourself. Just lets cleanse our hearts, lets cleanse our thoughts... our holy rabbis tell us, the greatest joy in the world is when you "forging", you rejoice when something good happens for another person. On Rosh Hashanah, the acid test is, how much are you praying for someone else? In the Rosh Hashanah prayers, it's never singular, always plural. Because I'm standing before G-d & I'm saying unless you give life to the entire world, please don't give it to me. Unless you make everyone rich, please I don't want to be the only rich man. Unless you give peace to the whole world, don't give me anything, unless you give it to my husband, my wife, my children, unless you give it to Yerushalayim.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home