Living inspired

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

An adventure on Sunset

I almost was going to say I was too tired to go. Happy that I got my friend Tahli to go with me to hear comedy at   Open Mic night at El Cid. How to get there without wheels? Getting to La Brea via bike was enough for me to want to crawl into bed.
Got picked up in a red convertible driven by Yehuda Welton. He was on his way to a meeting with a Rabbi, so we got dropped off on Sunset and Highland and took the bus the rest of the way. We came to see Hanoch do an extended set. I met Hanoch at the Pico shul on shabbat. Actually, we didn't actually meet until we went to an Earth Jews event yesterday. Hanoch is from Columbia and made jokes about being Jewish, an immigrant.  A brown hat on his head added to the comic presence He does a hilarious Dylan impersonation with guitar and harmonica. Hilarious. The ability to be vulnerable on stage allows for good comedy and for the audience to connect. Got a fire in my belly that its time to heed and get on stage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home