Living inspired

Sunday, January 20, 2008

to elevate the sparks

I better get to sleep so I can nap for 2 hours before the sun is up. I had a fantastic time at the party. It was a hat party with the theme of vintage,so it was fun to see how people got into the theme. I wore a cream satin hat with no brim that people commented looked gypsy. I had the elegant Bohemian gypsy look. Fun to dance.Its all energy, got to know where to put it. Being highly critical, I am quick to judge that a lot of behavior in the room is self indulgent-dancing, drinking, flirting. I was able to see things in a different way, to see it as an opportunity to elevate sparks; wishing people a shavua tov, sharing a Torah about TuB"shvat, giving blessings. I would not have felt comfortable at the party a year ago. Now, my approach is to listen and hear where people are coming from so I can have an understanding. I was able to shift my consciousness from half empty to half full-the party is an opportunity to connect, to be part of community, I don't need to judge that people (myself included) have commitment isues. That takes some sensitivity,"I'm on fire about plugging people in. One man said to me," I have regrets I didn't marry a Jew." echos in my heart. If only people had a more positive identification being a Jew, to be proud.

2 Comments:

Blogger bozster613 said...

a lot of behavior in the room is self indulgent-dancing, drinking, flirting

The proud energy before jewish Adar looks great.

Was it Omer Kayama who said
"Eat, Drink and be Merry, for Tomorrow you will... you will hopefully reach Tomorrow all intact" ?

January 20, 2008 at 7:53 PM  
Blogger Living Inspired said...

yes, here in Bezerkeley every day is a little like Purim...

January 20, 2008 at 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home